The Welsh Baccalaureate aims to enable learners to develop and demonstrate an understanding of and proficiency in essential and employability skills. These are the skills that employers and nextstage educators value and which learners need for learning, work and life.
The seven essential and employability skills are:
- Digital Literacy
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organisation
- Creativity and Innovation
- Personal Effectiveness
The Welsh Baccalaureate will:
- enable learners to consolidate and formalise learning of skills;
- provide a theoretical underpinning of knowledge and techniques related to skills;
- encourage reflection, analysis and articulation of the learner’s own proficiency in the skills;
- engage learners in exploring, developing, practicing and applying the skills;
- increase confidence and effectiveness in the use and application of the skills in a range of meaningful and ‘real-life’ contexts and purposes.