‘Safeguarding is Everyone’s Business’
Schools play an essential role in safeguarding children. At Pentrehafod School we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All staff and (volunteers) are trained, supported and share this commitment. We maintain an environment where children feel confident to speak to staff if they have a worry.
At Pentrehafod School, we:
· Listen to what the child has to say;
· Accept what the child says;
· Let the child know that we are taking what they have said seriously;
· Reassure the child that they are doing the right thing by talking to us;
· Explain to the child what we will do next;
· Assure the child that we will help and support.
We follow key legislation, guidance and procedures to keep all our learners safe.
The Designated Safeguarding Person (DSP) at Pentrehafod School is Ms Bethan Davies. We have 2 Deputy Designated Safeguarding Persons, Mr Matthew Goulding, Acting Headteacher, and Mr Dylan Evans, Assistant Headteacher.
Staff work collaboratively with social services and external agencies, attending meetings and conferences as necessary.
Operation Encompass is a partnership between police and schools. Operation Encompass ensures that school is notified of all incidents of domestic abuse. This information sharing enables us to support our pupils.