18th May 2020
The next stage in the process is to select three subjects, one from each option block.
Please click here to access the online option form. Please complete the form by 29th May 2020.
11th May 2020
The options process will continue virtually. You will receive a phone-call this week from a member of staff to support you through the process. We aim to complete the process by 29th May 2020. Please click here to open the Options Booklet with information about the subjects available. Please click here to view the option blocks.
Next Monday, 18th May 2020, there will be a link to a HWB form to complete your choices.
4th May 2020
Feedback from parents, carers and Year 8 students (91 responses):
Thank you for your responses to the survey. The majority felt students should continue with the process.
- Do you feel your child is able to make three option choices after this gap in schooling? Please indicate any concerns.
- 18 students would not be able to make three choices
- The survey suggests that the majority of students had already made their choices and were fully prepared by the options assemblies, careers talk and free choice survey
- Some parents indicated they had already discussed the process and possible choices
- Do you think the options process could continue virtually, with the booklet and options blocks sent electronically and completed at home? Please indicate any concerns.
- 9 felt they would not be able to continue with the process remotely
- Some said yes, if they could talk to teachers if they had concerns or queries
- The majority felt they could continue the process remotely/virtually
- Do you think your child would benefit from an extra year of Key Stage 3 study and choose his/her options next Easter to start in Year 10 (September 2021)? Please indicate any concerns.
- Very mixed
- Many parents saw the benefit, but expressed their child wanted to start options
- Many parents of children with ALN felt that extra year of KS3 would be beneficial
A transition model is required as we know students will not pick up at the same point at which they left on the day the school closed. Feedback from parents indicates a number of students have not engaged in learning. Staff will plan to ensure there is an appropriate provision for students on their return.
Students will continue with the options process and choose three subjects
A member of staff will contact you next week to talk through the options process and provide support. You will have access to the options booklet and option blocks. Our intention is to complete the process over this half term and complete by the end of May.